Monday, July 20, 2015

Vanilla No Cook Ice Cream




I really love homemade ice cream. Who doesn't? But it can be a hassle to make. My go-to vanilla is a custard--meaning you cook eggs milk, sugar, etc. And then let it cool and then churn it. Not a hmm-let's-have-ice-cream-quick kind of a thing. This effort has saved you and me from eating ice cream every night. We must thank it.

Except that this summer, like a proper addict, I've managed to circumvent it. I did this first with my coconut ice cream. And now, you can thank or hate me, I've found a fabulous, quick, no cook recipe for plain vanilla. It's super simple, super rich, not too airy (when you make it with just cream, milk, and sugar, I always feel like I'm eating frozen cool whip), and the flavor is just really great.

So go on out there and ruin your summer figure. You can now do it every night of the week. No, no, don't try to thank me.

Vanilla No Cook Ice Cream
from My Recipes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Churn time: 20 minutes
Makes 1 quart
Cost: $1.70
sweetened condensed milk: .80, evap milk: .75, milk: .15 (Aldi prices--yes I know they're unusually cheap)

1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 can (14 oz) evaporated milk
2 Tbsp sugar
1 C milk

Combine all ingredients. Churn. If you've got a cheap ice cream maker like me, you'll wind up with a fairly soft ice cream. It's pretty amazing just like that. But this hardens up nicely in the freezer without getting ice crystally if you'd like it firmer.

PRINTABLE RECIPE


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...