Friday, October 5, 2012

Guacamole with Lime and Garlic



Time for another recipe, don't you think.

I like a lot of different types of guacamole--as long as they're simple and natural. My sister doesn't like a lot of types of guacamole. She likes hers, which is the most simple and natural that there is. Fair enough. And it's perfect for people who eat guac because they like avocado. (It's also perfect for people who don't like onion, or all those other things that sometimes get added to guacamole.)



She mashes up an avocado, squirts some lime juice on it and eats. I like mine with a wee bit of garlic (do you approve this message, Rebecca?)--either a small clove minced or a few sprinkles of powder. And of course some salt and pepper.

Guacamole with Lime and Garlic
Serves 2
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cost: $.84
Avocado: I got mine for .69 last week, lime: .15

1 avocado
a squirt or few of lime
2-3 shakes garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste

Mash avocado. Add lime, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.

Wow. That was complicated. Will you be insulted if I put the printable recipe below?

PRINTABLE RECIPE


4 comments:

  1. That is EXACTLY how I make it too. It's perfect! I do use garlic powder and *ahem* lime juice from a plastic lime. If I had a lime tree, I'm sure I'd use fresh :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed at "Will you be insulted if I put the printable recipe below?" I printed. Need the reminder to save a couple bucks on the cilantro that only has a handful of leaves will be used for a bowl of guac, the onion that gets picked out, the tomato that only I love, and the jalapeno that my toddler won't go near. Simply is best some times. The garlic powder will be a must and extra lime for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found that Seasoned Salt is the perfect addition to guacamole. It brings out the taste of the avocado.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for properly crediting me for this "recipe" :) no, I do not approve of added garlic. Although it is nowhere near as befouling as other things people choose to desecrate avocados with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...