Thursday, November 1, 2018

15 Best Soups

BEST OF THE TASTY CHEAPSKATE



I love soup. I love it so much that if you check the RECIPES section of this blog you'll find many many soups. I tried to choose my favorites, but even then I did a bad job narrowing things down (I chose fifteen and could have kept going, but these really are the BEST). I hope you love some of these in the cold months ahead as much as I do. Note: I wanted to re-do some of the ugly pictures (you can see that my photography has improved over the years even if it's still not perfect), but I simply didn't have time. One day maybe I will, but for now, know that they are delicious and usually gorgeous.



1. Beef Stew. Simply the best. But not the easiest. But the best. Ever.



2. Cheesy Potato Soup. This is my big group cheapskate go-to. It can feed a crowd on a few dollars. And it's amazing.



3. Meatball Soup. Italian lovers, this is going to be your jam. Also, a great crowd pleaser.



4. Moroccan Carrot Soup. The best carrot soup ever. Mmm. I'm seeing this in my near future.



5. Scared Silly White Chili. Perfect for Halloween. Or whenever. It's the best white chili I've had.

 

6. Broccoli Cheese Soup. The best. We eat this every year for Christmas Eve. Simple, delicious, lovely with sparkling cider.



7. Crock Pot Creamy Chicken and Ranch Chili. We can't do this without at least one crock pot recipe right. This one is delicious.



8. Green gumbo. Super Greens. Here you go. This looks ugly. I've made it often and it always does. But it tastes fantastic and is LOADED with greens you don't usually eat.



9. Spinach Soup. And while we're talking greens.... I make this when I have a bunch of spinach that needs using, or I feel a little draggy and need a green boost. It's easy. It's good for you. It tastes delicious. It really is good, which you might need to take on faith if you think that you and yourn feel a little nervous about something called Spinach Soup. But if you're frightened, try it's more carbalicious sibling, Spinach Potato Soup. You might find it more accessible for your crowd and it's still packed with spinach.



10. Corn and Kale Chowder. Again with the greens. But don't worry, this one has corn and potatoes too, so it's less frightening. And sooo good.



11. Fire Roasted Fish Soup. You don't have to love fish to like this. It's so good. A little heat, a little cool.



12. Creamy Tomato Basil Soup. Tomato soup is my favorite. It just is. This is a tiny bit more grown up than the \Campbell's. And world's tastier. It deserves a more grown up picture, but I haven't had time to get one:(.



13. Summer Stew. This really is best in summer, but I've had it in winter too.



14. Thai Soup. When it gets cold, I always crave tangy, creamy things. This hits that spot.



15. Zuppa Tuscana. Yes, that Zuppa Tuscana. Only better. It just is. So so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...