Friday, January 5, 2018

Natural Hair Products for Winter Hair

Oh, so you're a beauty blogger now, huh?

Um, obs. Did you not see the pictures below?

The truth is that I have a thing for natural beauty products, and I've been looking for a cheap, natural, homemade shampoo for a long time now. I still haven't found it. But I do have a natural cheap solution for the dry scalp and hair that happen at this time of year. Plus, a natural shampoo that smells like gloriousness for you to use after.

First, the best, cheapest, most natural solution for dry scalp and hair that I've found is simple COCONUT OIL (virgin cold-pressed). Warm it just to melting point, run it through your hair (you can do just the ends or the whole thing). Leave it for a couple hours up to a day. Then wash it out thoroughly. It will help with itchy, dry winter scalps as well as dry hair. It won't heal split ends or any such miracle, but it will keep your hair from crumbling to its death in the dry freezing weather that we've had around here lately. It also smells really nice. This picture is after a workout (I'd left the coconut oil in overnight and then worked out) followed by a shower and shampoo with just a quick blow dry. No other styling products or even a decent hairdryer. It still turned out soft. No, I'm not quite ready for my beauty blogging career. I had no straightener, no anti-static something or other, and definitely no filter. Just the YMCA locker room and me:).




Now to get that coconut oil out, I was recently sent a sample of this Tea Tree Oil shampoo and it works great. It also smells, honestly, just so amazing that I can't quite get over it. As far as natural-ness, it is cruelty-free, paraben-free, GMO-free, and gluten-free. It is not quite as natural as other shampoos I've used, so that was kind of a down side for me. But that amazing, refreshing scent!!! And supposedly tea tree oil is a good deterrent for lice and other hair nasties.



You can find it HERE.

Or sign up for their free samples program (which I totally did) HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...