I've always meant to make a pie on pi day. And I've always forgotten. But this year I realized (finally) that it was also my friend's birthday and I offered to make her a pie and that commitment kept me on track. Naturally I made us a pie too.
The sad thing about this is the slight amount of grief that was experienced in doing some simple math in the dividing of the two chocolate batters on a day brought about to celebrate math. At a certain point, Kip said, "Let me just get the calculator" and that offended me deeply. But we need not speak of that at this moment. Eventually my brain kicked in and I managed not to ruin anything (at least not that I know of). For now we celebrate pi and also Pie. Good-bye. (Note: We will also celebrate rhyming and also homophones.)
This is the pie I made. I've updated the post with a few more pictures.
I don't have tons of pies on this blog, but let me say that the ones I've got are good ones.
1. A very Chocolatey pie:
2. Vegan Pumpkin Pie:
3. Peanut Butter Pie: When I saw this picture, I swooned for the memory that is this pie.
4. The best traditional Pumpkin Pie I've found:
4. Chocolate Mascarpone Cheesecake Pie: This is a-maz-ing.
5. Not to be outdone by stupidly easy Chocolate No Bake Pie (which needs a picture re-do I'm afraid):
6. But maybe you'd rather have pie for dinner. Onion Hater's Chicken Pot Pie:
7. And let's not forget Pie Crust 101: