Monday, February 6, 2012

4 Things to Do with Avocados



For the last 2 weeks, avocados have been on sale at Aldi for $.49/pop. Not bad. I bought 4 both weeks. And then I realized that I'm the only avocado lover in this joint and also that I didn't really know what to do with all those avocados.

Here are a few ideas for those who might share such a tragic plight.

1. Eat them. Maybe with a little salt and lime juice. This was my sister's recommendation. In fact, she seemed to think my tragic plight not really so desperate and/or tragic at all. Hmph. That's pity for you.

2. Add them to a smoothie. I have one on this site where the avocado takes front and center and one where it plays a supporting role.

3. Make this amazing salad from Kalyn's Kitchen. Don't eat as much as I did or you might get a stomach ache.

4. Try this cheater guacamole: 1 avocado mashed together with a few tablespoons of pre-made salsa. It takes 1 minute and it tastes great. Drizzle it with a squeeze of lemon or lime if you're trying to convince yourself that you're fancy and not just a lazy avocado-eating bum like me. You can eat it with chips or quesadillas or whatever.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...