Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Mango Lime Pops






Ah. Lately I occasionally feel (as I stumble into bed after midnight) that I am a little bit drowning in summer.

Well, if you're going to drown in summer, these pops are the way to go. They are bright and fresh and perfect. Lime and mango together are perfect partners. Occasionally after I've peeled a mango to eat, I'll just rub a cut lime all over it and eat it like that.

Generally, mangoes aren't cheap, but this summer they've gone on sale for $.39/each at least three times. Each time, I've bought the limit (10) and then wondered what to do. Mangoes seem so decadent to me that just cutting them all up seems boring. Because of this I let some of them sit there until I was worried my precious fruits would go off (like a woman who buys a dress she doesn't wear because it's so nice). So I tried to get over that. Still, I wanted to do something special with at least some of them. And then the temperature pushed into the nineties, which is when summer popsicle ideas are born (or at least extracted from Pinterest).

Mango Lime Pops
adapted from Love and Lemons
makes 4-6
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Freeze time: 4 hours

2 ripe mangoes, cut
2 limes (or about 1/4 C juice)
1/4 C coconut milk
2-4 Tbsp sugar

Put it all in a blender or food processor and puree. Taste and adjust sugar. I always start with just a bit and add more as necessary. Pour into popsicle molds or, if you're cute and Pinteresty, something like Dixie cups that you will them make look amazing. (I was born a little too much without the cuteness gene, but at least what we eat tastes good.)

PRINTABLE RECIPE

1 comment:

  1. I love the site "our best bites" mango quinoa salad. Yummy. It's the only thing I do with Mangos besides smoothies and that is sort of sad, so I will be making these pops soon!

    Paige

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...