Monday, January 4, 2016

Grape Peach Spinach Smoothie


You're welcome.

I mean, I kind of owe it to you after last week. Happy New Year, friends. May you enjoy your resolutions as much as I enjoyed this smoothie.

P.S. One thing I love about this recipe is that it involves grapes (which many smoothies do not), making it the perfect use for any imperfect grapes you have. Surely I'm not the only one who's always getting sour-ish and/or thick-skinned grapes.

Grape Peach Spinach Smoothie
adapted from Simple Green Smoothies
Serves 4 (6 small portions, which is what we did; or 2 large ones)
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cost: $5.00
grapes; 2.00, coconut water: 1.00, peaches: 1.50, spinach: .50 (Buying things on season, on sale will reduce the cost for this.)

Note on coconut water: It's expensive--a couple bucks for a couple cups. I've never bought it before, but I wanted to give it a try. I had a sip and it was very anti-climactic. It's good in this smoothie, but I think any mild juice like apple juice or white grape juice would be great too. Also, I'm not sure how healthy some pasteurized coconut water from Walmart is. That said, if you actually got it out of a a coconut I might buy into its superfood status a little more. And it might be a little less expensive if you were to use the whole coconut in other ways. If you wish to simplify this recipe, just use some juice or water.

2 C grapes (I used green)
1 C coconut water
2 C peaches (I used frozen)
2 C spinach or other greens (I used mixed baby greens)

Blend in a decent blender that blends things smooth. Enjoy.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...