Monday, February 1, 2016

Photo Re-Do: Lime Coconut Cake

Find the recipe here. 



This week I'm doing a tiny little sugar fast until Friday. I usually disapprove of such craziness. In fact, generally I'm sort of a moderation snob if I'm any kind of a snob at all. But ever since Christmas, the sugar in this house has been out of control. Usually I consider that a problem my kids have, but lately I've gone from my bit of dark chocolate after dinner to two large pieces of chocolate after dinner, oh and maybe a brownie after lunch, and a few bites throughout the day, and let's not forget that lick of Nutella off the spoon. It kind of adds up and I was starting to crave sugar, which seems like a bad sign. So I thought to myself, "I'm just going to take a breather until I go to my friend's baby shower on Friday."

Taking a breather has been embarrassingly hard. I've got to say if you can't do a tiny little sugar fast, you've probably got a tiny little sugar problem. Hopefully, a few days of abstinence will nip it in the bud and I can go back to my slice of dark chocolate at night. But let me tell you this post didn't help.

Oh, sure, it needed doing. Last week when I made these Coconut Lime Cupcakes for my friend's birthday, I looked up the recipe and saw my sad little pictures for this fantastic bit of cake. That just didn't seem right. So I took new, prettier pictures in an effort to do them justice. And now I'm blerging and drooling all over the keyboard. Oh dear.


You can leave them plain like this. They're perfectly delicious.


But to doll them up for my friend, I mixed up a bit of lime zest and a bit of coconut. It was pretty and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...