Thursday, March 22, 2012

Pork Chop Rub


A few months ago I "tried" this recipe from Simply Recipes and I deemed it good. Only I didn't really try it. I didn't have whole cumin or coriander and I had whole peppercorns, but no way to grind them in any slightly efficient manner. Even if I had had a spice grinder of some sort, I'm not sure I would have had the high character to actually toast and grind the spices myself. Even if I had had the high character, I'm not really sure I would have had the time. (Have I mentioned that I often cook with children attached to my legs in the way barnacles attach to a boat? Either that, or they're, er, helping me, which is sometimes even more difficult than the barnacle effect. Though I must admit here--lest you think I'm one of those ever cheerful sure-let's-cook-and-learn-and-make-a-mess-together-while-creating-quality-memories moms--that in keeping with my apparently consistent low character, I often just throw a movie on for them while I'm making dinner.) At any rate, I pretty much used the seasonings she suggested, but in pre-ground lazy-style fashion. Despite my cheating ways, we still really enjoyed this rub and I thought that some of you might enjoy the simplified version as well.

We've eaten this only on pork chops, but I actually think it'd be great on pretty much any type of meat (cut or ground) or fish.

Pork Chop Rub
adapted from Simply Recipes
Makes enough for about 4 pork chops
Prep time: 2 minutes

Note: This makes enough for about 4 pork chops. You can double, triple, or whatever-le it if you want to have some to save.

1 Tbsp ground cumin
1 scant Tbsp ground black pepper
1 scant tsp ground coriander
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt

Mix together. When you're ready to cook your meat, smear the rub onto both sides and cook meat as you normally would.

PRINTABLE RECIPE

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...