Monday, November 1, 2010

A blog by any other name...

...might have a catchier title.

I, for one, would like to incorporate 'tasty' (or like adjective) into the title along with 'cheap'. 'Cheap' is a great word and all (and a fabulous personality trait if I do say so myself), but I fear that it brings up the wrong images when used alone--images of margarine and generic boxed mac and cheese and that sort of thing.

Here is what I'm considering instead:
Tasty. Cheap. Together.

And some other ideas:
Cheap Tasty Eats Together
Cheap Tasty Eats. Together
Cheap and Tasty Eat Together
Cheap and Tasty Eat. Together

Sooo, tell me what you like and hopefully I'll have the best title ever chosen by the end of the week. (If the URL changes I'll be sure to send out an update to everyone).

In the meantime, join me tomorrow for the beginning of our week in pumpkin. I'm feeling a breakfast pie coming on; or maybe a roast pumpkin soup.

8 comments:

  1. Yum! It's pumpkin custard and toasted pumpkin seeds at our place tonight. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should use the words...Recipes from the cheapskate foodie within. Maybe Cheapskatefoodierecipes
    or cheapskate foodie
    or healthy yet yummy
    or my favorite

    You CAN trust this skinny cook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh...by the way...do you need taste testers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating Cheap. Together. Sounds good to me. I will see if this works in the Mexican markets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey jean...i like the current title. simple and sweet. weird, though, i have frequently thought of doing something similar. but i'm too lazy, so glad you did it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the current title too. And I love this idea! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I told David about the $1 per person per day idea. Initially, he was thrilled at the prospect (we spend far too much on food) - then tried to come up with one single day's worth of meals that would fit the bill, and we gave up. There. We are quitters! Will definitely be watching to see how you guys survive... or, thrive. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, Heather, I'm hoping to thrive, though survival is always good. We'll see how we do. And even if people aren't eating on $1/person/day, I hope that some of the recipes/ideas will help people eat cheaper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...