Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Tarragon Turkey Salad

Cheap Eat Challenge Count Down: 32 days



Success!!! Still got turkey? Is it ready for a last hurrah? What's that you say, you can't bear another turkey sandwich. Well, I won't force you, but the flavors in this turkey salad are different enough that I didn't feel like I was eating Thanksgiving dinner yet again. In fact, when I was done with my sandwich I had to stop myself from going at the bowl of remaining turkey salad with my spoon and finishing it off. 

Tarragon Turkey Salad
Serves 2

1 C cubed turkey (or chicken), cooked
1/4 C chopped broccoli (I chop mine super fine, so they are crumb-like)
1 stalk celery (chopped small)
1/4 C mayonnaise
1 tsp vinegar
2 tsp mustard
1 1/2 tsp dried tarragon (or 1 Tbsp fresh)
1-2 Tbsp walnuts (optional)
2 Tbspn dried cranberries (optional)

Combine turkey, broccoli, and celery in a bowl. Add walnuts and cranberries if using. Toss.

To make dressing, combine mayo, vinegar, mustard, and tarragon. Mix. Then mix into turkey/vegetable mixture. Chill if you've got the time. (By the way, don't feel like you have to add all the dressing if you have too much. I came up with a bit extra, which I plan to use on a regular salad some time this week.)

Serve with any bread you think is tasty. I didn't have dried cranberries, but ended up eating mine with a bit of leftover cranberry sauce over the top. That was really good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...